Who can be a Proctor?

Return to FAQ index
The following is RECOMMENDED for proctoring exams: • College or University testing centre (i.e. UVic, Kwantlen, Camosun, BCIT) Students are highly encouraged to complete exams at a college or university testing centre. Testing centres provide a professional environment in which to write exams. While testing centre's are recommended for examinations, there is a wide variety of other options that may offer this service and be available to you in your community. Students will often choose one of these options if it makes more sense financially or geographically. The following are eligible for approval to proctor exams if they offer a professional proctor service (this does not guarantee they offer a proctor service): • Public librarian or librarian assistant • Ecclesiastical leader • Military base/station education officer • RCMP Officer • High school academic or guidance counselor • Full-time high school teacher • High school superintendent, principal or vice principal • Full-time high school public librarian • Embassy education officer Eligible proctors must have a professional email address. Examinations will not be sent to gmail, hotmail, etc. accounts. Due to a conflict of interest, the following individuals are ineligible for approval: • Preschool educators and counselors • Relatives or friends of the student • Student's employer or colleague • Anyone with a relationship to the student that may result in a conflict of interest in proctoring an exam (ECE's) • Anyone not offering a professional proctor service Proctors are to be arranged by the student. Proctors may or may not charge a fee for their services. The fee can range from around $0-75 per exam.