Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register?
- What prerequisites do I need to register?
- How much does it cost to register?
- What type of English proficiency do I require?
- Where do I apply for a Criminal Record Check?
- Do I need to have access to a computer to do distance courses?
- How does the program work if I am an international student?
- Will I be issued a Student ID Card?
- Is Distance Education Right for Me?
- How do I get a certificate?
- How do I become an ECE assistant in BC?
- Where do I apply for a certification in BC?
Transfer Credit and Assessments
- How much does an assessment cost?
- I have already taken ECE related courses. Can I be granted credit for them?
- How do I apply for an academic assessment?
- I have received credentials outside Canada. How do I have them assessed?
- What do you look for when you do an assessment?
- Can I transfer my courses to another school?
Loans and Funding
- Is Pacific Rim a designated school?
- Do I qualify for Student Loans?
- Is Pacific Rim on the government RESP list?
- How do I apply for Student Loans?
- Can I do my practicums at a multiage facility?
- May I do my practicums at work?
- Do I need a criminal record check?
- How do I complete practicums internationally?
- Do I set up my own practicum?
Recognition and Designation
- Is Pacific Rim a designated institution?
- Which provinces recognize Pacific Rim?
- Are your programs approved in Ontario?
- Are you a Designated Learning Institution with CIC?
- How much does it cost for a course extension?
- How long does it take most students to finish the basic ECE program?
- Do I get a Diploma or a Certificate?
- How do I sign up for a course online?
- Can I do the SNE certificate before the IT?
- Do I have to take ITGD, WWF and CA twice?
- How many courses may I take at a time?