Will I be issued a Student ID Card?

Return to FAQ index
No, Pacific Rim offers courses entirely by distance education so on-campus ID cards are not required. On-campus schools offer ID cards for the purposes of identification while on campus premises, for access to certain buildings, for use of a campus library, car park access and for eligibility to vote in student elections. As there are no on-campus buildings through distance education, Pacific Rim does not issue ID cards. Some students inquire about ID cards for student discounts. This is a secondary use of an ID card - the primary use is for on-campus accessibility. ID cards can be used as proof of enrollment as a student in a post-secondary institution for the purpose of discounted pricing at certain retailers. At Pacific Rim, a copy of your enrollment contract fulfils the same purpose of demonstrating that you are currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution.